Sunday, February 10

Because I could not stop for death, he kindly stopped for me...


When you think back on the year that passed, and it doesn't bring you tears of either joy or sorrow -- consider it wasted.

And it was just that; such immense joy that can only be found within the bosom of agonizing despair. After losing two people due to tragic death last year, I realised that grief takes in many forms for the many different loses in our lives. Death is an actual occurrence wherein grieving is given to you as an opportunity, and unlike in the absence of death, grief for a loss- of either a connection or relationship with people whose life goes on without you- is a decision you make on your own. I found no sanctuary for all the grievances that was bestowed upon me; for wanting, in my heart of hearts, to say more and do more...

"Because I could not stop for Death, he kindly stopped for me. The carriage held but just ourselves and immortality."

If there was anything I learned, I think it would be that our hearts mourn only because it had so much to give, and by trying to protect ourselves from the pain of which we thought loving can cause- eventually fate would take time by hand, and all our imprisoned affection will turn into sorrowful regrets. Because the day we believe that the mind is actually above every emotion that flows within us; the day we imprison our hearts, thinking its the smarter way to live... to me, is the only real occurrence of death.